About Me

My photo
I blog about Domestic Violence and abuse, Borderline Personality Disorder, Psychopathy,and Mental Illness affecting relationships, so that I can share my life experiences. Not only because I need to do this to work on my own healing but hopefully to help others through theirs. I have to believe there must be a reason for the abuse I have experienced or it has all been for naught. I am hoping that these blogs will help me work through and understand the lessons that have been learned so I can discover my purpose and assist others through their pain. I hope to blog my way out of the ashes and into beauty, strength, and peace. I pray that no one ever has to go through the things I have experienced. I hope that it is true when they say "Things happen for a reason". I feel that if I can help one person escape from a horrible situation...it would be all worth it.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Acceptance

Happiness comes from accepting the present situation, whether its something you wish to savor as long as possible or change as quickly as you can. Neither is possible without acceptance as the starting point, because without acceptance, you are living on the *periphery of your life. There at the edges, you cant fully enjoy the good stuff or do anything about the rest.

Victoria Moran
Creating A Charmed Life
*(Periphery-border,boundary,circumference,surface)

1 comment:

  1. I posted this on my ohter website at blueladymuse.com:

    When you are Accepting,

    you willingly face the people, situations or ideas which you cannot control instead of denying or fighting them,

    you work with what you have available right now in the whole of your body, mind and spirit,

    you focus on the unique abilities that you do possess and find unique solutions through your gifts,

    you know that being accepting is not the same as being a doormat.
    -----
    I think we're on the same page. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete